Thursday, October 7, 2010

New Hats and Auto Timers

I just got back from my favorite place in the world, New Mexico.

Although I was going there for a convention my main mission was to purchase a new hat. I have always looked best in cowboy hats and got spoiled when I bought a nice one at an auction many years ago. It was custom made for me and even had my name in it in gold letters.

I had it for a few years until it mysteriously disappeared. I bought inexpensive substitutes and got compliments on them, but I needed to get myself another really nice hat.


I have come to realize that the only place I am going to get hats, clothes and accessories that suit me is in New Mexico. So when this convention came along I couldn’t pass it up.

Someone asked me to take a group picture and asked me if my camera had a timer. I had thought about finding out how to use the timer on my camera but it was always on the back burner. So after confessing that I did not know how to use the feature I made it a mission to learn how.

Once I found out how to use the timer I spent a Saturday after I got home running back and forth across my studio taking pictures of myself and my new hats and my ever growing locks.

It’s a learning process. The resulting photos were off center, too close, too far away, or out of focus. My head was cut off at times, as was half of my body. I had to play with the flash feature too.

Out of an afternoon of picture taking the picture you see is one of the very few survivors. Once I master the art of taking my own picture I promise I will show more pics of me, my hair and my new hats.

No comments:

Post a Comment