Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tuesday, March 30, 2010


I have to brag a little on my consultant. I actually like the title "locktition" but that’s not what natural hair dressers call themselves.

It’s like this. There were a lot of legal battles a few years back and The Man tried to shut Sisterlocks, braiders and all natural hair professionals down. They didn’t win. As a result, one of the ways to get around the legal system is to call themselves consultants. That’s all fine and good, but I use the word loctitian because I can’t get in trouble for doing so.

Anyway, my loctitian has invented a cute little sponge roller that is now being sold on TV. It’s called the Lock Loop. I think it’s ingenious although I don’t use them. I like my hair to hang straight down my back. Sometimes I tie it back to keep it out of my face and my food.

If and when I decide to curl my hair I will use nothing other than these. I remember when I used to spend agonizing nights and embarrassing days in rollers. I have always hated rollers of any kind. I never learned to put the rollers in straight. No matter how I tried, the rollers wound up looking like drunken solders on my head. These little spongy things should end that for me. As far as I can see, they don’t have to be lined up straight.

A couple of years ago she put on a fashion show and to publicize her new invention she put them around on people’s chairs and a few of the tables. I still have the few I picked up. As an artist I could probably use them in an art project. Don’t tell her I said that.

No comments:

Post a Comment