Friday, April 9, 2010

Proper sleepwear

A lot of people are led to think that once you get locked hair you don’t have to take care of it any more. People on TV and in the movies never wear any sleepwear on their heads. But they also “sleep” in full make up. That should tell you something.

Once I realized that not wearing any head gear at night dried out my hair, and damaged it I started looking around for ways to protect it. Don’t even bother going to your local everything store. Once your dreads or locks begin to grow and get fuller and thicker those plastic caps you used to buy will not fit any more.

I found it tedious and frustrating looking for products in my area suited to me. So I went online. Here is what I’ve found.

http://www.dreadsock.com/ There is a video on the site showing you how to put this on. It is a little tricky at first. I had to get used to my long thick locks. They don’t behave like the stringy perm I used to have.

The sometimes called lock sock (or loc soc) can now be found at several online places. I bought two socks and a shower cap from here: http://www.sistasplace.com/lbsoc.htm These are slipped over your head and tied. I don’t know the “proper” way to put these on, but I must pull them all the way down over my head, then pull them back up and tie them. It works for me.

Both of these products are made of soft breathable comfortable fabrics. Since I bought these products a couple of years ago I have seen more variety in color and style from these and other stores. I am loving this.

1 comment:

  1. I like wearing their no slip off scarf and satin pillow case. http://www.maverickwear.com/

    ReplyDelete