Monday, April 5, 2010

Resurrect that lost lock

For those of you who have been locked for a while you have probably lost a few locks. This happens because as the hair grows, moves and dies it tends to bunch up and become thicker in some places on the lock and thinner in others. Overall your hair will have an even appearance on your head but when you examine each lock close up you will notice this variation. As the lock thins down to a few strands they become unable to hold the lock and will break off.


I mourned my first lost lock. I kept it for a while, wondering what to do with it. Finally I tossed it. The next time I visited my consultant I told her about the loss. She told me not to throw them away; to keep them and bring them to her. She was able to weave the lock back in, onto another lock. I swear, these people are magic.

Know this: The hair at the end of your lock is no longer alive. It has broken off and died but because it has locked into the live hair it is being held into place. This is true of all locked hair.

So the next time or the first time you lose a lock, don’t have a funeral for it the way I did. Take it to your consultant and have it resurrected.

2 comments:

  1. Greetings~
    Just wanted to stop by and say Hi. Your hair looks nice, very Nice!
    Take Care~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lurrvvee the Goldie Locks look....some of us are trying hard to emmulate and seem to be FAILING miserably.....lol

    ReplyDelete